Introduction to BUILD IT
Bellevue University Information Literacy Development Interactive Tutorial
What is BUILD IT?
BUILD IT is an online tutorial that will help you to develop the skills you need to do effective research in the library and on the web. In other words, you will become…
So what does it mean to be information literate? In a nutshell, it means to know how to find and use information. When you have finished this tutorial, you will have the necessary tools to select, evaluate, organize, and communicate information.
BUILD IT will answer these questions:
- What resources and services does the Bellevue University Library offer?
- How do I plan a research paper?
- How do I locate information for my project?
- How and when do I cite sources?
- How do I put it all together?
How to use BUILD IT:
Think of BUILD IT as a blueprint that will guide you as you develop your research skills. It is comprised of five modules.
Each module includes:
- CONCEPTS TO BE LEARNED | The building blocks, or skills, you need to be information literate
- LESSONS ON THE CONCEPTS | The tools that will help you build your literacy skills
- INTERACTIVE QUIZ | An assessment of the strength of your skills
Build a strong foundation – start at the beginning, then work your way through all the modules.
Or, use the site map to jump in at any point!
Click here to view the classic version of BUILD IT.