What is it?
- National Library Week is an annual celebration of Libraries and the work they do. The theme this year is “There’s More to the Story” and we want to celebrate it with you!
- Celebrate with us from April 23rd through the 29th by participating in our events throughout the week.
- Learn more about the history of National Library Week here.
There’s More to Storytelling!
- Tuesday, April 25th, 12:30-1:30 PM in LIB 460
- Behind the scenes of historical novels, the author engages in a quest to find accurate facts—and sometimes obscure details—in order to ensure her stories are authentic. Ann Markim will offer insight into how she uses libraries and library services in her research, and the types of information she has gleaned from the various resources. She will also give us a peek into her story-planning and writing process.
- Thursday, April 27th, 2:00-3:00 PM in LIB 460
- Catch a demonstration highlighting the Library’s new makerspace collection.
- Guess the number of chocolates in the jar for a chance to win them! Whoever guesses closest to the correct number will win.* This contest runs from Monday, April 24th until Friday, April 28th. The winner will be notified after the contest ends.
Library Mad Lib Contest
- Fill out the library-themed mad lib story for the chance to win a prize! Access the online mad lib and fill in your most creative answers.* Responses will be put into a drawing for the prize, and the winner will be notified after the contest ends.
- Get your mad libs here!
*You must be affiliated with the school in order to be eligible for each contest mentioned.
- Book sale will run from April 21st through May 1st
- Donate to our Food Drive from April 1st through April 30th
- Select your favorite book and have your picture taken at the library and we will make it into your own personalized READ poster. Not on campus? Submit a photo of yourself with a favorite book to email@example.com and we’ll create one for you there!
Friend of the Library Award
The 2023 “Friend of the Library” Award will be announced on Wednesday, April 26th. Stay tuned!