What is it?
- National Library Week is an annual celebration of Libraries and the work they do. The theme this year is “Welcome to Your Library” and we want to celebrate it with you!
- Celebrate with us from April 4th through the 10th by participating in our events throughout the week!
- Due to the continuation of COVID safety measures in place, events are virtual and in person.
- Learn more about the history of National Library Week here.
“How Many?” Contest
- Guess the number of letters in the jar and be entered to win a themed zipper pouch! Whoever guesses closest to the correct number will win. Guesses can be submitted in person at the front desk or via Facebook entries. This contest runs from Monday, April 5th until Friday, April 9th, the winner will be notified after the contest ends.*
“Mystery Image” Contest
- Guess the blurred image and be entered to win a reading journal! There will be 3 pictures available on both Facebook and Instagram throughout the week. Responses will be put into a drawing for the prize and the winner will be notified after the contest ends.*
*You must be affiliated with the school in order to be eligible for each contest mentioned.
Craft Your Own Welcome Sign
- Join us on April 7th from 2 – 3:30 pm and make your own wooden Welcome sign! Supplies will be provided, masks and social distancing will be practiced.
- Select your favorite book and have your picture taken at the library and we will make it into your own personalized READ poster. Not on campus? Submit a photo of yourself with a favorite book to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll create one for you there!
Friend of the Library Award
The 2021 “Friend of the Library” Award will be announced on Wednesday, April 7th. Stay tuned!
- Be sure to take one of our National Library Week Goodie bags filled with buttons, bookmarks, stickers, candy, and other goodies on April 7th!