How does document delivery work?
For a small fee, we will ship library materials to your home address or business address. We will also send library material to the Lozier Center (120th and Miami) for pick up on Friday afternoons.
Who can use this service?
Document delivery is only available to current Bellevue University students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community users.
How do I submit a request?
Click the ‘Submit Request’ button at the top of the page and fill out a short form. Requests can also be submitted via phone, e-mail, or the 24/7 Librarian chat service. Please include your name, BRUIN ID, e-mail, requested materials, and mailing address.
What can be delivered?
Any book, journal article, DVD, or interlibrary loan item can be sent through document delivery.
What does it cost?
- Faculty and Staff requests – no charge
- Bellevue University Library items delivered to Lozier – no charge
- ILL books delivered to Lozier – $1.00 for each item
- Bellevue University Library items sent UPS – an additional $1.00 charge for each item to assist with outgoing postage
- ILL articles e-mailed – $1.00 for each article
- ILL books sent UPS – $2.00 for each book
- Articles faxed locally – $1.00 per fax
- Articles faxed long distance – $1.00 per page
- Articles faxed internationally – $3.00 per page
How long can I borrow an item?
- DVDs – 7 days initially; these may be renewed once for an additional 7 day loan period
- Audiobooks – 21 days initially; these may be renewed once for an additional 21 day loan period
- Bellevue University Library books for campus or Lozier Center students, alumni, and community users – 21 days
- Bellevue University Library books for online students or those who attend at a satellite location – 28 days
- Bellevue University Library books for current staff and faculty – 60 days
- ILL books or media – loan period determined by the lending library; usually 21-30 days
How do I return delivered items?
Materials may be returned in person, placed in the campus book drops, left at the Lozier Center front desk, or sent to the address below at least three business days before the material is due. If mailed, a shipping service with tracking is required.
Bellevue University Library
Attn: Outreach Services
1000 Galvin Road South
Bellevue, NE 68005